harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] publish SPECjbb2005 scores
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:14:45 GMT
On the 0x379 day of Apache Harmony Tim Ellison wrote:
> Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> > Yes, it would be nice to publish the results. This can be a good step
> > for Harmony.
> > Tim, can you please comment on the possibility?
>
> I believe that there were discussions between SPEC and the ASF, before
> my time, that came to nothing.  Not sure if anything has changed since.

Tim,

is it necessary for us that SPEC results are published by means of
ASF? Maybe it is possible that some committer buys a license, measures
all by him/herself and publishes the result? or more complicated way:
give someone a right to publish scores?

also, if the discussion you mentioned is googleable, I would be happy
to take a look at the devil details, since, really, times could have
changed. Sorry, could not find any relevant link :(

--
Egor Pasko