harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] jre bundle size
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:52:42 GMT
On the 0x374 day of Apache Harmony Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Hello Egor,
>
> > Can anyone, please, help me find a microbenchmark where current CU
> > implementation helps?
>
> Please, check the following tests [1] developed by Nikolay Chugunov.
> They just report failure when CU is absent.
>
> Thanks.
>
> [1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/enhanced/buildtest/branches/2.0/tests/stress/qa/src/test/stress/org/apache/harmony/test/stress/classloader/unloading/

Alexei, it's awesome! Why is it a branch? Or am I missing something?

..hm, I must be really missing something because [1] says: Get the
appropriate IBM J9 VM for your platform (this will go away when DRLVM
is good enough). Is it really that DRLVM is _not_ "good enough" or is
it better to clarify the statement like "you can either run on DRLVM
or J9VM"?

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/buildtest/index.html

--
Egor Pasko