harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib] [pack200] Using BCEL for Pack200
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:36:21 GMT
Hello all,

I would like to use BCEL in pack200 to re-create class files from the data
obtained from the pack200 archive.  BCEL is able to create class files in
the correct format and provides a higher-level interface that we would use
instead of creating the class files directly.  This would mean that we would
not need to duplicate this effort in pack200 and so there would be less
scope for creating bugs in this area.  I know that BCEL is already a Harmony
dependency and it's an Apache project so I can't see there being a licence
issue, but just wondered if anyone has any other objections?

If not, could anyone suggest what would be the best way to add the BCEL jar
file as a dependency to the pack200 project, given that it's already in
Harmony?

Thanks very much,

Sian

--