harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] M3 - code frozen
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 05:37:53 GMT
Xiao-Feng,

Idea is really interesting and it's a pity it came too late in M3. I
believe we're not going to prolong M3 closing date after this weekend
but OTOH suspect we have no spare hands to sort out critical x86-64
issues for remained days. I'd love someone rebut my doubts.
BTW, here is one of issues: self-hosting crashed on latest Linux-64 snapshot [1]

   [java] SIGSEGV in VM code.
     [java] Stack trace:
     [java]   0: gc_gen_adapt(GC_Gen*, long long) (??:-1)
     [java]   1: pthread_mutex_unlock (??:-1)
     [java]   2: apr_thread_mutex_unlock (locks/unix/thread_mutex.c:129)
     [java]   3: apr_atomic_casptr (atomic/unix/apr_atomic.c:376)
     [java]   4: log4cxx::helpers::ObjectImpl::releaseRef() const (??:-1)
     [java]   5: gc_gen_reclaim_heap(GC_Gen*, long long) (??:-1)
     [java]   6: pthread_mutex_unlock (??:-1)
     [java]   7: apr_thread_mutex_unlock (locks/unix/thread_mutex.c:129)
     [java]   8: ?? (??:-1)
     [java]   9: gc_reclaim_heap(GC*, unsigned int) (??:-1)
     [java]  10: pthread_mutex_lock (??:-1)
     [java]  11: hymutex_lock (??:-1)
     [java]  12: fspace_alloc(unsigned int, Allocator*) (??:-1)
     [java]  13: nos_alloc(unsigned int, Allocator*) (??:-1)
     [java]  14: gc_alloc (??:-1)
     [java]  15: vm_new_vector(Class*, int) (??:-1)
     [java]  16: vm_multianewarray_recursive(Class*, int*, unsigned int) (??:-1)
     [java]  17: vm_rt_multianewarray_recursive(Class*, int*, unsigned
int) (??:-1)

[1] http://people.apache.org/~smishura/r579330/Linux_x86_64/hdk_by_hdk/