harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build test] Integrate Emma into BTI 2.0 to get code coverage report
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:35:50 GMT
Stepan,

IMO current way of snapshot results publishing is a workaround
basically, due to lack of adequate support in BTI to the moment. We
should not hack snapshot adapter each time new suite/adapter is added
or changed.
So we need to extend BTI for more flexible and powerfull publishing
facilities in some time (presumably after M3 competion), and then get
rid of that custom publishers in snapshot.

OTOH I agree, the way Sean suggests is too specific; I'd prefer keep
in BTI most general functionalities.
So there could be 2 adaptors, 1st instruments JRE and constitutes a
"super-suite" for tests like Stepan suggested, and 2nd depends on all
tests and generates summary report in the end. A couple of issues lies
on this way, though:
1) How to configure emma for each suite, leaving an adaptor of that
suite intact? I.e. which kernel-classes-list to take, where to store
coverage report, etc - looks like Sean has some answers or ideas here;
anyway there should not be more than light massaging of emma code.
Gathering total cumulative coverage report is enough, I think.

2) Currently BTI handles suites dependency strictly, always skipping
dependent suite run if it's super-suite has failed. So if some test
fails, coverage adapter won't be run. We may just add customization to
BTI to enable simple run ordering vs strong dependency.

--
Alexey