harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][auth]Help to implement the "crypt" algorithm
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:31:02 GMT
Hi, all
     Now I am looking at the implementation for JndiLoginModule which
is missing in current harmony class library.
     But now I encounter a problem:
     As spec says, according to RFC 2307[1], the password stored in
jndi directory is encoded by a crypto algorithm:

     userPassword values MUST be represented by following syntax:

        passwordvalue          = schemeprefix encryptedpassword
        schemeprefix           = "{" scheme "}"
        scheme                 = "crypt" / "md5" / "sha" / altscheme
        altscheme              = "x-" keystring
        encryptedpassword      = encrypted password

   The encrypted password contains of a plaintext key hashed using the
   algorithm scheme.

   And currently, spec says it only acknowledge the "crypt" algorithm.
   Besides, posix has such a system call as "crypt" which take the
responsibility[2]. But it lacks on windows.
   So we had better implement the algorithm in java. But where is the
details of the algorithm? And I guess maybe we can borrow one from a
project which is under a licence compatible with apache. But where?
   Is there any familiar with it?
   Thanks.

[1]http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2307.txt
[2]http://www.yiluda.net/manual/linux/man/crypt.html