harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Le Goff" <eleg...@pitchounela.net>
Subject Re: [classlib]InvocationTargetException
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:32:57 GMT
> Eric Le Goff wrote:
> > I am trying to build the class library following the steps described
> > at http://harmony.apache.org/quickhelp_contributors.html
> >
> > My OS is Ubuntu Feisty
> >
> >>From [Harmony]/trunk/working_classlib/
> > Ant fails with
> > [...]/build.xml : 113[..]
> > [..]/make/build-java.xml:130 : java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> >

> > Any idea where I may have missed something ?
>
> I get this error unless I set ANT_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx512m". The default
> heap size is just not enough to compile whole classlib, so I get
> OutOfMemoryError that causes InvocationTargetException.
>
> --
> Gregory

That was exactly a heap size issue.

Actually that was explained in a note I had missed :
" If you do choose to build from the federated build root, you may
need to increase the Java heap available to Ant. We suggest setting
the "ANT_OPTS" environment variable as ANT_OPTS='-Xms256m -Xmx512m' in
the manner appropriate for your operating system.
Populating the VM and ClassLibrary Source Trees "

Thanks for your help

--
Eric LE GOFF