harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [eclipse] Eclipse 3.3 crashes on current Harmony
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 13:15:27 GMT
Gregory,
Thanks for your help!

My observation is that the problem showed itself after the following fix

Tracking things in a debugger I can see that the following new line of
code returns unexpected result. I will dig further into the behavior
of this function.
-        return _TRUE;
+        return !class_is_same_package(k_class, referred) &&
vf_is_extending(k_class, referred);

With best regards, Alexei

On 9/5/07, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 5 September 2007 at 16:05, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> > > Yes, this helps. -noverify should also help in this case.
> > >
> > > I've created HARMONY-4738 to track the issue.
> > > It would be nice if someone familiar with the verifier could fix the issue.
> >
> > BTW I think I've found out the reason for this bug. Eclipse 3.3 has an
> > ICU4J implementation bundled with it. It uses ICU 3.6.1 while we have
> > ICU4J 3.4.4 in bootclasspath.
> >
> > In this case ICU classes are loaded from our 3.4.4 JAR file except for
> > some classes that may not be present in the older version. In this case
> > they are taken from Eclipse's JAR file which leads to inconsistencies.
> >
> > I wonder why older verifier implementation works ok...
>
> No idea.  I also wonder why J9 is unaffected.
>
> FYI: I see similar but not identical problems on Linux.
>
> -Mark.
>
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4738

Even

the very begining.