harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavlenko, Andrey A" <andrey.a.pavle...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general][M3] Functional test suite status (Was: Re: [general] M3 - code frozen)
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 07:05:03 GMT
Stepan,

Frankly speaking I think that timeout in 300 sec should be more than enough
for functional tests. So, IMO we should make the tests faster rather than
increasing timeout. For example, looking at the test
functional.org.apache.harmony.test.func.jit.HLO.uce.unreachathrow:

private int invoker() {
        UnreachATHROW unreach = new UnreachATHROW();
            for(int i=0; i<20000000; i++) {
               try {
                  unreach.test();
                  return fail("FAILED: exception should be thrown");
               }
               catch(Exception e) {
                   //ignore
               }
        }
        return pass();
   }

It's simple, but it performs 20000000 iterations! I'm not sure if it's
required to perform so much iterations. May be JIT gurus could say
something?
There are also other similar examples.