harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nadya Morozova" <nad.moroz...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general][M3] release notes
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:01:56 GMT
Generally, i think it is a good idea to include fixed bugs (as well as
unfixed critical bugs) into release notes. however, i don't think we need to
publish them all. those interested can always query JIRA manually, while
those not particularly interested will get a longish table of info they
don't need.
we could perhaps select the most outstanding bugs and the bugs that were in
known issues in M2 and are fixed in M3. what do you say?

On 9/28/07, Sian January <sianjanuary@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure if JIRA supports this kind of query, but if it does, would it
> be good to include a link in the release notes to a list of all the JIRAs
> that have been fixed for M3?
>

> On 27/09/2007, Nadya Morozova <nad.morozova@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > as we're nearing the closure time for M3 snapshot, I thought it would be
> > great if we started writing Release Notes for them. We managed to do
> that
> > for our previous milestone M2 [1], but failed to do it on time to ship
> > with
> > the bundle. Let's do better this time. For convenience, I've created a
> > Wiki
> > page [2] to gather all things that are unlikely to be fixed before M3 or
> > are
> > otherwise notable and should be in the Release Notes.
> >
> > I hope this way works for you. You're welcome to enter whatever notes
> you
> > have, and I will assembly them into an HTML page and into site-specific
> > XML
> > in time for the final snapshot. Surely, an engineering review and
> sign-off
> > from committers would be necessary before packaging the final version.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > [1] http://harmony.apache.org/documentation/milestones/m2-relnotes.html
> > [2] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Milestone_M3_known_issues
> >
> > --