harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] M3 - code frozen
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:27:08 GMT
On 9/26/07, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, Stepan and folks,
> >
> > After looking at the testing results in the page given below, I feel
> > the status of the revisionon X86-64 is quite "good". It is not
> > perfect, but better than I expected.  I'd suggest we consider to
> > include X86-64 into our M3 build this time. It's an acceptable
> > starting baseline, and we can improve it and will see better situation
> > with M4, M5, etc.
> >
> > How do you guys think?
> >

> Yes, I agree that it looks quite good. I think it is possible to
> release it but I think we should be aware about its status (i.e.
> quality) - it is less tested and results are worse then for x86. If we
> want to release it then IMHO that all testing results available should
> be reviewed and summary of existing problems should be created. If
> there are no blocking issues for x86_64 release then I think it can be
> released. (Why not?)
> I assume that most of the folks are looking into x86 failres first..
> So if you volunteer to review testing results for x86_64 that would be
> great!

Stepan, my suggestion was to take current status as the starting
baseline for X86-64. We don't need spend additional time for any
failures specific to X86-64 this time. In my last email, I mentioned
that I had checked the "must-pass" tests and thought they are ok. I
never engaged in a releasing procedure, so I don't know what are
considered to be "blocking issues", and what kind of summary we need.
Do you mean the list of failures?

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--