harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject [build test] Integrate Emma into BTI 2.0 to get code coverage report
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 06:38:22 GMT
Hi, guys

Shall we integrate the emma into our BTI 2.0 to get the test coverage
report?
AFAIK, Robert has spent a number of time on using our unit test to emma
coverage report.
Maybe we can generate the coverage from the BTI test besides our unit test.

IMHO, we can maintain a individual target as the "run-cc" target in
script/main.xml, like "run-coverage" or something else.
It will set up its requisite like an instrumented jre to run the test.
Before running the test, we need to add <jvmarg
value="-Xbootclasspath/p:${instrumented-classlib}"> for each adaptor's
tested jvm task.

Finally, the "run-coverage" command call each adaptor as normal except
assigning the ${instrumented-classlib} to the instrumented classlib jars.
The generated report can be placed to build/coverage-report or some more
proper places.

I think this approach can extend the BTI 2.0 without too many modifications.
Are there any comments about this?  Or any other approach? Any suggestion is
welcomed.

--
Sean Qiu
China Software Development Lab, IBM