harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][test] Bring ApacheDS into harmony test framework
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 07:44:51 GMT
2007/9/5, Spark Shen <smallsmallorgan@gmail.com>:

> 2007/9/5, Leo Li <liyilei1979@gmail.com>:

> server
> > is
> an
> > > >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm afraid if we go this way then classlibrary testing will be
> > complicated.
> > > Is it possible to test jndi service provider against lightweight-stub
> > > server implementation and develop full testing scenario for BTI?
> > >

> >    Agree.
> >    Such tests, from my point of view, are scenario tests, which is not
> > so suitable to put in junit tests framework while BTI is a good place
> > for them.
>

> Sounds reasonable. I think we can split test cases into 2 parts. One part
> is
> for scenario test, which need server support. For example, ldap request.
> Another part for those does not need server support, for example ldap
> message encode/decode.

+1. BTI is a proper place to put our scenario test.
We can put the normal unit test without server support.
And for the scenario test, you can integrate it into our BTI 2.0 [1], my
suggestion is:

1) Design a simple and normal sceario test first locate it to
${root}/test/ds_scenario/src

2) Implement your adaptor in ${root}/adaptor/ds_scenario/adaptor.xml  and
${root}/adaptor/ds_scenario/parameter.xml
    You can reference the to the adaptor for "JettyScenario"[2] as an
example, since it need setup the server too.
    Make sure the adaptor can run the first scenario test successfully.

3) Develop more scenario tests independent on the adaptor.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/buildtest/branches/2.0
[2]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/buildtest/branches/2.0/adaptors/JettyScenario

> > Thanks,