harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rustem Rafikov" <r.v.rafi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] FYI hashmap optimization
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:58:44 GMT
One possible reason of degradation is increasing size of some HashMap's
methods. So those methods are not inlined, but at the same time inlining is
necessary for scalar replacement. So we perhaps need to tune the inliner's
parameters to make it working. I agree that we need to learn it more.
But let's revert the patch for a while. Hope I can drill into the new
HashMap on the next week.
Another question I have is what VM did you use to run jbb2005 that showed an
improvement?

--
Thanks
Rustem