harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][verifier] first step towards Java6 BC verification
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 04:28:59 GMT
as Alexei F noted somewhere Java6 verifier might be obtained from Java5 verifier
mostly by removing some code.

Since we all don't want code duplication, it makes sense to split
current verifier to
common part that will be used by both Java5 and Java6 verifiers and
Java5-specific
part.

I've made such a separation and submitted the code to JIRA [1] for review.
The modifications made are mostly splitting the files and moving
unmodified pieces
of code around. So, I submitted 'code' rather then 'patch'.

_base suffix or no suffix means that it's a base part, common for both verifiers

_x suffix means that the same code operates with different types, it's
written with templates. There are 2000+ lines of such a code.

_5 suffix means pure Java5 code

I've created a new namespace for _5 code, so that later I'll create different
Java6-specific types with the same names in Java6-specific namespace

Please review the code.
(it would be good to integrate it right after M3 if review is OK)

Thanks,
Mikhail