harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] x86-64 builds (was: Re: [general] M3 - code frozen)
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:49:32 GMT
> Rana Dasgupta wrote:
> > If we were to add
> > x86-64 to M3, it would be under disclaimer only( it's a late decision,
> > and it looks relatively good ), we can't claim that that it has the
> > stability of the 32 bit distributions.

Yes, the results looks good but I feel that x86-64 platform is far
from being stable. For example, from my experience the most unstable
platform is Linux 64bits. I very often have to restart CC or even
reboot a host to make CC alive.

We may use M3 testing status for x86-64 as baseline for measuring its
progress and including it to the next release.

Thanks,
Stepan.