harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject [general][M3] Update for Eclipse unit tests 3.2 testing result on Linux_x86 (was: Re: [general] M3 - code frozen)
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:41:25 GMT
On 9/25/07, Stepan Mishura wrote:
<SNIP>
> I've compared testing status for the last snapshot r578410 [1] with M2 [2][3].
>
> We have the following short status for failed suites:
>
> Windows_x86:
>  * classlib: 2 tests from pack200 module fail on snapshot (but pass
> on debug build)
>  * Eclipse unit tests 3.2: there is no tests report like for M3. The
> pass rate was improved from 99.32%[3] to 99.7%[1]
>  * Eclipse unit tests 3.3 are new and the pass rate is 99.77%. I
> think is acceptable
>  * EGA x48 hours scenario fails. According to [4] it passed on M2.
>  * Functional: need more analysis, currently I see that 2 tests were
> enabled and new 15 regressions.
>  * Geronimo: 2 regressions
>  * JDK tools: 1 test failed. It might be intermediate failure - the
> test failed due to timeout
>  * Reliability: 65 tests passed for M2 and 64 for M3. Investigation
> is required.
>  * Stress: 190 tests passed for M2 and 189 for M3. Investigation is required.
>
> Linux_x86:
>  * classlib: 2 tests from pack200 (as for Windows),  1 luni tests
> failed and 1 crash of security test
>  * Eclipse unit tests 3.2: 2 suites crashed so pass rate is 69.60%. I
> assume this may be CC host configuration issue. Going to investigate.

I'm looking into EUT 3.2 results on Linux_x86 for r579330.
The good news that crashes for the next suites disappeared:
- org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.dom.RunAllTests
- org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.model.AllJavaModelTests

And the bad news there is one new suite crash:
- org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.compiler.regression.TestAll

This results are pretty confusing for me. I believe that last updates
to classlib/drlvm/jdktool shouldn't influence on results in such
dramatic way.

I have to admit that CC host configuration was changed a bit. There is
an assumption that the tests are sensitive to X-server. (currently VNC
is used). So X-server (SLES9) was configured on CC host and runlevel
was changed from 3 to 5. But IMHO it shouldn't affect current CC
configuration (I didn't change it. i.e. VNC was used as usual) and
testing result as well.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Stepan.