harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] M3 - code frozen
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:33:42 GMT
> Hi, Stepan and folks,
>
> After looking at the testing results in the page given below, I feel
> the status of the revisionon X86-64 is quite "good". It is not
> perfect, but better than I expected.  I'd suggest we consider to
> include X86-64 into our M3 build this time. It's an acceptable
> starting baseline, and we can improve it and will see better situation
> with M4, M5, etc.
>
> How do you guys think?

Yes, I agree that it looks quite good. I think it is possible to
release it but I think we should be aware about its status (i.e.
quality) - it is less tested and results are worse then for x86. If we
want to release it then IMHO that all testing results available should
be reviewed and summary of existing problems should be created. If
there are no blocking issues for x86_64 release then I think it can be
released. (Why not?)
I assume that most of the folks are looking into x86 failres first..
So if you volunteer to review testing results for x86_64 that would be
great!

Thanks,
Stepan.