harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] M3 - code frozen
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:27:02 GMT
On 9/25/07, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/24/07, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 9/22/07, Stepan Mishura wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > According to the plan - Sept. 22 is code freeze date for M3 so let's
> > > follow policy:
> > > "no more commits please without agreement from two committers on the dev list."
> > >
> > > Let's do more testing and analyze if there any critical/blocker issues
> > > for consideration.
> > > Please raise here issues that you think MUST be fixed for M3.
> >
> > Here is [1] the status of the last snapshot (r578410) that includes
> > last classlib updates. Unfortunately, not everything is green there.
> > I'm going to inspect all results to make sure that there are no
> > failures caused by CC configuration issues.
> >

> I've compared testing status for the last snapshot r578410 [1] with M2 [2][3].
>
> We have the following short status for failed suites:
>
> Windows_x86:
>  * classlib: 2 tests from pack200 module fail on snapshot (but pass
> on debug build)
>  * Eclipse unit tests 3.2: there is no tests report like for M3. The
> pass rate was improved from 99.32%[3] to 99.7%[1]
>  * Eclipse unit tests 3.3 are new and the pass rate is 99.77%. I
> think is acceptable
>  * EGA x48 hours scenario fails. According to [4] it passed on M2.
>  * Functional: need more analysis, currently I see that 2 tests were
> enabled and new 15 regressions.
>  * Geronimo: 2 regressions
>  * JDK tools: 1 test failed. It might be intermediate failure - the
> test failed due to timeout
>  * Reliability: 65 tests passed for M2 and 64 for M3. Investigation
> is required.
>  * Stress: 190 tests passed for M2 and 189 for M3. Investigation is required.
>
> Linux_x86:
>  * classlib: 2 tests from pack200 (as for Windows),  1 luni tests
> failed and 1 crash of security test
>  * Eclipse unit tests 3.2: 2 suites crashed so pass rate is 69.60%. I
> assume this may be CC host configuration issue. Going to investigate.
>  * Eclipse unit tests 3.3 are new and the pass rate is 96.47%. I
> think is acceptable
>  * EGA x48 hours scenario: the same as for Windows (scenario fails on M3)
>  * Functional: need more analysis, similar to Windows - some test are
> passing now but there are new failures.
>  * Geronimo: 2 regressions (the same as for Windows)
>  * Reliability: need more analysis
>  * Stress: need more analysis

Ops, I missed TPTP tests - 1 failure on Linux. Please pick up.

> As I remember Sean took pack200 tests. And Alexei Zakharov took
> security test crash.
> I'm going to sort things out with Eclipse unit tests 3.2 crash on
> Linux. And to look info failed jdktools test.

There are 2 JIRA for improving EUTs reports.
1) HARMONY-4835: if fixes reporter to take into account expected crashes.
2) HARMONY-4847: renames index.htm to index.html

I'm going to apply patches them to the infra. Objections?

Thanks,
Stepan.