harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] M3 - code frozen
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 05:37:53 GMT
On 9/24/07, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/22/07, Stepan Mishura wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > According to the plan - Sept. 22 is code freeze date for M3 so let's
> > follow policy:
> > "no more commits please without agreement from two committers on the dev list."
> >
> > Let's do more testing and analyze if there any critical/blocker issues
> > for consideration.
> > Please raise here issues that you think MUST be fixed for M3.
>
> Here is [1] the status of the last snapshot (r578410) that includes
> last classlib updates. Unfortunately, not everything is green there.
> I'm going to inspect all results to make sure that there are no
> failures caused by CC configuration issues.

I've compared testing status for the last snapshot r578410 [1] with M2 [2][3].

We have the following short status for failed suites:

Windows_x86:
  * classlib: 2 tests from pack200 module fail on snapshot (but pass
on debug build)
  * Eclipse unit tests 3.2: there is no tests report like for M3. The
pass rate was improved from 99.32%[3] to 99.7%[1]
  * Eclipse unit tests 3.3 are new and the pass rate is 99.77%. I
think is acceptable
  * EGA x48 hours scenario fails. According to [4] it passed on M2.
  * Functional: need more analysis, currently I see that 2 tests were
enabled and new 15 regressions.
  * Geronimo: 2 regressions
  * JDK tools: 1 test failed. It might be intermediate failure - the
test failed due to timeout
  * Reliability: 65 tests passed for M2 and 64 for M3. Investigation
is required.
  * Stress: 190 tests passed for M2 and 189 for M3. Investigation is required.

Linux_x86:
  * classlib: 2 tests from pack200 (as for Windows),  1 luni tests
failed and 1 crash of security test
  * Eclipse unit tests 3.2: 2 suites crashed so pass rate is 69.60%. I
assume this may be CC host configuration issue. Going to investigate.
  * Eclipse unit tests 3.3 are new and the pass rate is 96.47%. I
think is acceptable
  * EGA x48 hours scenario: the same as for Windows (scenario fails on M3)
  * Functional: need more analysis, similar to Windows - some test are
passing now but there are new failures.
  * Geronimo: 2 regressions (the same as for Windows)
  * Reliability: need more analysis
  * Stress: need more analysis

As I remember Sean took pack200 tests. And Alexei Zakharov took
security test crash.
I'm going to sort things out with Eclipse unit tests 3.2 crash on
Linux. And to look info failed jdktools test.

So volunteers are required for: EGAx48, Geronimo, functional,
reliability and stress suites.

Also we have 2 JIRAs to be resolved for M3 under milstone unmblella[5]:

[1] http://people.apache.org/~mloenko/snapshot_testing/script/r578410/index.html
[2] http://people.apache.org/~mloenko/snapshot_testing/script/r551077/index.html
[3] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/milestones/M2
[4] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/harmony-dev/200706.mbox/%3c678b3f320706290508l554079dau6af1a82b17d62b54@mail.gmail.com%3e