harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build test] Integrate Emma into BTI 2.0 to get code coverage report
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:51:45 GMT
On 9/13/07, Sean Qiu wrote:
<SNIP>

> Yep, it is OK here.
> But to get emma report, we need run the emma adaptor again to generate the
> report.
> So the sequense here is:
>
> 1) setup (emma adaptor)
>    download emma
>  2) run  (emma adaptor)
>    instrument jre
> 3) run (testsuites)
>    run test within instrumented jre

No, emma adaptor shouldn't run any test suite. See snapshot adaptor -
'run' target only unpacks downloaded jre, nothing else.

To run a suite on jre instrumented by emma adaptor the adaptor should
set corresponding suite's property which points to jre for testing.
For example,
classlib-test.parameters.required.tested.jre=${EMMA.paremeters.shared.jre}

> 4) generate coverage report,  ????  (emma adaptor is suppposed to finish
> this.)

Yes, it should provide publisher for suites to collect reports.

> Or we need to generate report manually after the running.

No, I think this should be automated.

Thanks,
Stepan.

--