harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Roland Getty" <roland.ge...@googlemail.com>
Subject Harmony java.util.jar support for pack-200?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 16:51:44 GMT
Dear all,

I just checked the latest release of Harmony and also the latest SVN. The
support for pack200 seems still very incomplete. The actual "packing" seem
not implemented yet at all, the "unpacking" doesn't work yet.

I would like to get in touch with the people involved implementing this part
of Harmony to find out if I could help.

   1. Is there any time estimate when pack200 support (unpacking or
   packing) will be fully implemented?
   2. Will Harmony's pack200 support be implemented in 100% Java or are
   native method calls via JNI necessary?
   3. Do you know of an alternative 100% Java implementation of pack200?

Thanks,
Roland