harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blew...@gmail.com>
Subject [pack200] Merge code back into archive?
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2007 07:55:04 GMT
I sent a while arguing for the pack200 code to be a separate bundle,
and therefore set up with its own source trees in the archive module.
The plan was that the pack200 bundle could be used in other OSGi
engines on its own outside of Harmony.

The plan didn't work out quite as expected in that it took longer to
get going than planned, and since Java 1.4 is nearing EOL it probably
doesn't make sense for the pack200 to be available as an OSGi bundle
in its own right. In any case, I ended up letting the implementation
slide and now it's been taken over by others.

So it might be a good time to consider folding it back into the main
archive source folders/locations. Sound like a good idea?

Alex