harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Berezhniuk" <ilya.berezhn...@gmail.com>
Subject [general][M3] Eclipse unit tests 3.2 result on Windows_x86 for r579330 (was: Re: [general] M3 - code frozen)
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 18:26:23 GMT
Hello Stepan,

I tried to reproduce latest EUT 3.2/Windows results for r579330.
The results are the following:
- single unexpected failure in jdtcoremodel is stably reproducible on
separate suite; I'm now investigating this.
- 3 failures in coreresources suite did not appear on both separate
suite run and whole suite run.

AFAIK, Vladimir also reproduced jdtcoremodel failure and cannot
reproduce those 3 failures. He got another failures because EUT tried
to create temporary files on CDROM :)

2007/9/26, Vladimir Beliaev <vladimir.k.beliaev@gmail.com>:
> [...]
> half of 6'000 tests ended with error/failure - this is not acceptable
> because these failures / error are still not reproducible on other hosts, so
> nothing in Harmony code to be fixed (still host configuration is to be
> fixed).
>
> I can send an instruction of running
> org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.compiler.regression.TestAll separately (w/o other
> jdtcorecompile JUnit suites). Then you may try to run this EUT Suite on
> other machine to track the running speed.
>
> I have no idea of what may cause this suite running slow on particular host.
> May be the disk is close to be dead (still this would affect other suites as
> weel not only jdtcorecompiler one).
>
> Thanks
> Vladimir Beliaev
>
> 2007/9/26, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com>:
> >
> > On 9/26/07, Vladimir Beliaev <vladimir.k.beliaev@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello, Stepan,
> > >
> > > 1. org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.compiler.regression.TestAll - the issues
> > is
> > > not reproduced locally. I'm looking to output.txt
> > > <http://people.apache.org/~smishura/r579330/Linux_x86/eut/output.txt
> > >from
> > > EUT3.2/Linux run - it says this suite was killed by timeout:
> > >

> > Is it possible to resolve it by simply increasing timeout?
> >
> > -Stepan.
> >
> > >    eclipse-test:
> > >         [echo] *Running
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.compiler.regression.TestAll*
> > >         [java] Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The
> > > Apache Software Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
> > >         [java] java version "1.5.0"
> > >         [java] pre-alpha : not complete or compatible
> > >         [java] svn = r579330, (Sep 26 2007), Linux/ia32/gcc 3.3.3,
> > release
> > > build
> > >         [java] http://harmony.apache.org
> > >         [java] *Timeout: killed the sub-process*
> > >
> > > So looks like a host configyuration issues again...

> > > Here is a list of "configuration tricks" I know for EUT on Linux/x86
> > (some
> > > of them were noted by you to me):
> > >
> > > 1. the test host *must not be load *(CPU/disk must be used by EUT only)
> > -
> > > EUT is sensetive to timeout.
> > > 2. DISPLAY is set to other Linux host with pure X-server (not VNC,
> > cygwin
> > > X-server, Xvfb, etc.)
> > > 3. -Duser.home=<my tmp-home with .subversion directory copied from ~/.>
> > (no
> > > $HOME file collisions should happen)
> > > 4. -Djava.io.tmpdir=<my tmp dir> (no $TMP file collisions should happen)
> > > 5. ulimit –n 65'536 (max number of open file handlers)
> > > 6. mozilla is installed
> > > 6.1 export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/opt/mozilla/lib
> > > 6.2 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mozilla/lib
> > >
> > > I'm still not sure this would help with slow running of
> > > *jdtcorecompiler*suite. Let's try to get it resolved together.

The

--

Ilya