harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][Sound]Great News! Tritonus and Harmony can now join together!
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2007 14:05:47 GMT
> Jimmy,Jing Lv wrote:
> >     So do we need to write a official letter or let them sign some
> > agreement? Or just let them send Harmony a copy of src code with BSD
> > license? Sorry I don't know much on such legal issues.
>
> No, they would not be licensing it under an alternative license just for
> us, so I would expect to see a change to the licensing on their
> distribution site, and we can create a dependency that picks the code up
> directly from there under those terms.

In the lastest mail two author has agreed to execute the relicensing
in their CVS
repository and then submit the code to Harmony repository (Great,
isn't it! :) ). It may
take time that they still need to identify the parts originating from
3rd parties.

What's more, they have their own plan to keep the tritonus project alive as a
repository for the plugins, so it would be ideal to separate the Java Sound core
 and the plugins in their mind. And then Harmony will "own" the core,
and tritonus
will maintain the plugins, which Harmony can integrate easily as
precompiled .jar
files (or with regular source drops from tritonus). It do make sense
to Harmony IMHO :)

So let's now wait a while for re-licensing. :)

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM