harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][Sound]Great News! Tritonus and Harmony can now join together!
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:09:12 GMT
> Jimmy,Jing Lv wrote:
> >     Here is a great news that the two authors of the open source
> > java-sound project Tritonus[1], Matthias and Florian,  have kindly
> > agreed that they can re-license Tritonus to be BSD or BSD-like
> > license, so that Tritonus and Harmony can now join together to build a
> > full-implemented sound module.
>
> `Sounds` great ;-)
>
> >      With Tritonus' help, Harmony can now have real-implementation of
> > java-sound, have can now have its own voice :) What's more, Tritonus
> > support variety of audio types more than stardard RI does ( though
> > some of them are GPL/LGPL, and we still can let users to decided
> > whether to download themselves).
> >
> >     I don't know if we need some further official steps, would some
> > Harmony PMCs help do this? Thanks!
>
> Nothing special, we should help to ensure the license they choose is
> compatible, then wait until the relicensing is complete.  Then we can
> make it a dependency for our sound implementation.

Hi,

    So do we need to write a official letter or let them sign some
agreement? Or just let them send Harmony a copy of src code with BSD
license? Sorry I don't know much on such legal issues.
    IMHO, BSD and apache license are both OK for this re-license. And
the two authors seems don't care about it much. :)

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM