harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][sound] Proposal on sound module integration
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:57:11 GMT
2007/9/12, Alexei Zakharov <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com>:
> Jimmy,
>
> Did I understand correctly that Tritonus has some benefits if compared
> with PortAduio? Or is it some other kind of provider? Just like to say
> that if PortAudio covers all three platforms - *NIX, Windows and MacOS
> - why should we have something special on Linux?

Hi,

    In fact PortAduio and Tritonus are different, Tritonus focus on
Java sound implementation, it cover all java sound API and inner
implementation as RI does, however, it lack native support on windows
and MacOS.
    And PortAduio is a native level support for sound, ready on *NIX,
Windows and MacOS, offer sound APIs for C/C++ developers, but it does
not have implementation for java classes.
    Merge them together do benifit for Harmony, which make a full
implementation of sound module, and support all platforms. However,
there's some work to do in this integration, writing native code with
PortAduio to support Tritonus (the upper java classes) on windows and
MacOS
    Does it make sense? :)