harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][Sound]Great News! Tritonus and Harmony can now join together!
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:25:56 GMT
Hi All,

    Here is a great news that the two authors of the open source
java-sound project Tritonus[1], Matthias and Florian,  have kindly
agreed that they can re-license Tritonus to be BSD or BSD-like
license, so that Tritonus and Harmony can now join together to build a
full-implemented sound module.

     With Tritonus' help, Harmony can now have real-implementation of
java-sound, have can now have its own voice :) What's more, Tritonus
support variety of audio types more than stardard RI does ( though
some of them are GPL/LGPL, and we still can let users to decided
whether to download themselves).

    I don't know if we need some further official steps, would some
Harmony PMCs help do this? Thanks!

    Thanks very much to Matthias and Florian, and cheers!

[1] http://tritonus.org/

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv