harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Beliaev" <vladimir.k.beli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][M3] Eclipse unit tests 3.2 result on Windows_x86 for r579330 (was: Re: [general] M3 - code frozen)
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 19:37:26 GMT
Hello, Ilya, Stepan,

yes, I confirm the Expected Failure List was not updated yes, so the *
jdtcoremodel* failure is actually expected.

I also confirm I did not reproduce 3 new issues in *coreresources* suite.
They also not reported in previous CC-results. So these may be intermittent
failures.

And *coreresources* does have dependency from D:\temp directory existance.
I've got 3 issues on machine w/o drive D:. And I double checked then that
these 3 issues are not reproducible on machine with D: drive (seems to be
EUT issues).

Thanks
Vladimir

P.S. I'll send the patch for EFL update soon.

2007/9/27, Ilya Berezhniuk <ilya.berezhniuk@gmail.com>:

> I missed that testDeleteMultipleMembersFromVariousCUs test was not
> added to EFL, and looked at wrong test in jdtcoremodel...
> So there are only 3 actually unexpected failures which I still can't
> reproduce...
>
> --
>
> Ilya
>
> 2007/9/27, Ilya Berezhniuk <ilya.berezhniuk@gmail.com>:
> > Hello Stepan,
> >
> > I tried to reproduce latest EUT 3.2/Windows results for r579330.
> > The results are the following:
> > - single unexpected failure in jdtcoremodel is stably reproducible on
> > separate suite; I'm now investigating this.
> > - 3 failures in coreresources suite did not appear on both separate
> > suite run and whole suite run.
> >
> > AFAIK, Vladimir also reproduced jdtcoremodel failure and cannot
> > reproduce those 3 failures. He got another failures because EUT tried
> > to create temporary files on CDROM :)

> > > no, timeout does not help here:
> > >
> > > 1. this would increase the EUT running time from 8h to ... infinity
> (which
> > > is not helpful at all for daily testing of EUT)
> > >
> > > 2. I have an expirience of such slow jdtcorecompiler running - as a
> result
> > > the suite did not crash still the run took 4-6h (instead of 30-50 min)
> and
> > > half of 6'000 tests ended with error/failure - this is not acceptable
> > > because these failures / error are still not reproducible on other
> hosts, so
> > > nothing in Harmony code to be fixed (still host configuration is to be
> > > fixed).
> > >
> > > I can send an instruction of running
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.compiler.regression.TestAll separately (w/o
> other
> > > jdtcorecompile JUnit suites). Then you may try to run this EUT Suite
> on
> > > other machine to track the running speed.
> > >
> > > I have no idea of what may cause this suite running slow on particular
> host.
> > > May be the disk is close to be dead (still this would affect other
> [...]
CC

--
Vladimir Beliaev
Intel Middleware Products Division