harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Beliaev" <vladimir.k.beli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][M3] Update for Eclipse unit tests 3.2 testing result on Linux_x86 (was: Re: [general] M3 - code frozen)
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:02:51 GMT
Hello, Stepan,

1. org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.compiler.regression.TestAll - the issues is
not reproduced locally. I'm looking to output.txt
<http://people.apache.org/~smishura/r579330/Linux_x86/eut/output.txt>from
EUT3.2/Linux run - it says this suite was killed by timeout:

    eclipse-test:
         [echo] *Running
org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.compiler.regression.TestAll*
         [java] Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The
Apache Software Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
         [java] java version "1.5.0"
         [java] pre-alpha : not complete or compatible
         [java] svn = r579330, (Sep 26 2007), Linux/ia32/gcc 3.3.3, release
build
         [java] http://harmony.apache.org
         [java] *Timeout: killed the sub-process*

So looks like a host configyuration issues again...

> Am I missing something?

Here is a list of "configuration tricks" I know for EUT on Linux/x86 (some
of them were noted by you to me):

1. the test host *must not be load *(CPU/disk must be used by EUT only) -
EUT is sensetive to timeout.
2. DISPLAY is set to other Linux host with pure X-server (not VNC, cygwin
X-server, Xvfb, etc.)
3. -Duser.home=<my tmp-home with .subversion directory copied from ~/.> (no
$HOME file collisions should happen)
4. -Djava.io.tmpdir=<my tmp dir> (no $TMP file collisions should happen)
5. ulimit –n 65'536 (max number of open file handlers)
6. mozilla is installed
6.1 export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/opt/mozilla/lib
6.2 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mozilla/lib

I'm still not sure this would help with slow running of
*jdtcorecompiler*suite. Let's try to get it resolved together.

Thanks
Vladimir Beliaev

--
Vladimir Beliaev