harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][M3] release candidate status
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:30:11 GMT
On 9/28/07, Pavel Pervov <pmcfirst@gmail.com> wrote:
> The test which failed in VTSVM has hung.
> The test itself is harmless, but we have problems in DRLVM shutdown code,
> which can result in intermittent hangs.
>
> What do you think we should do with this?

I have a patch called vm_shutdown02.diff on Harmony-4727 that fixes
several bugs in DRLVM shutdown code.  I was hoping to apply this patch
after we fix the Thread Lifecycle alloc/dealloc code.

If it is important to fix the shutdown code in the next few days, we
might want to go ahead and try this patch.  The last time I checked,
this patch ran "build test" without problems on my laptop

I will be travelling the next few days and intermittently connected to
the internet.

> [...]
> > there are some still to be resolved, for example instability of
> > several suites, mostly Eclipse unit tests on Linux.
> >

> > The following suites passed on Linux/Windows ia32 platform: Ant
> > Scenario (or self-hosting), Axis application, Dacapo, DRLVM tests,
> > DRLVM regression tests, Jetty scenario, Scimark, Struts scenario,
> > Tomcat scenario
> >
> > The the next list of issues we have (per suite):
> > - Classlibrary unit tests:
> >    1 crash on Windows that is hard to reproduce:
> >    1 crash on Linux that is reproducible and it is bug in DRLVM
> > (HARMONY-????):
> >    1 test failure on Linux (incorrect test HARMONY-????)
> >
> > - Eclipse unit tests 3.2
> >    Windows: 4 failures. 1 failure is expected (exclude list should be
> > updated). 3 failure are not reproducible
> >    Linux: crash of
> > org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.compiler.regression.TestAll. It crashes due
> > timeout
> >
> > - Eclipse unit tests 3.3
> >   Windows: 49 failures, pass rate 99.77%. We haven't tried the suite
> > on M2 so it is a good baseline for M3.
> >   Linux: the same problem as for 3.2. I've setup another CC Linux
> > host for the suite and see no crashes, pass rate is 99.45%
> >
> > So I'm going to publish these reports for M3 and run 3.2 suite on
> > these lucky host to obtain results without the crash.
> >
> > - Eclipse Geronimo Application (EGA) scenario x 48h
> >   Windows: there may be and issue with the scenario automation - the
> > scenario run more then 8 hours. As I understand several iterations
> > were done successfully. And it failed because of missing window, there
> > are no crash/exceptions in the log.
> >
> > Also the scenario passed on Linux.
> >
> > - Eclipse TPTP Tests
> > 1 failure on Linux - most probably intermittent
> >
> > - Functional Test Suite
> >   21 failures on Windows most of then failure due to timeout. 1
> > regression (HARMONY-4857)
> >   Uploading Linux failed - I'm going to check why. From the first
> > glance the results are same as for Windows.
> >
> > - Geronimo Unit Tests
> > 2 possible(I haven't seen analysis report) regressions on
> > Windows/Linux. These test passed on M2:
> > org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.ContainerTest
> > org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.JAASSecurityTest
> >
> > - JDKTools Tests
> > 1 failure on Windows. The test stably fails when it runs in a bunch
> > with others and may fail if run standalone :
> >
> > - Reliability Test Suite
> > The status is a bit unclear to me. There is 1 test is incorrect
> > test. And some tests failed because of timeout but its increase didn't
> > help.
> > Also some tests were removed from exclude list for r579330 but some
> > of them failed.
> >
> > - Stress Test Suite
> > 3 failures on Windows and 11 on Linux - I haven't seen analysis report
> >
> > - VTS VM Test Suite
> > 1 failure on Linux - the test passed on previous snapshot should be

Weldon Washburn