harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] Retaining too many snapshots
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:18:11 GMT
Tim Ellison wrote:
> ASF infra have pointed out that we are retaining far too many snapshot
> builds [1].
>
> I think we only need to have the most recent three snapshot builds for
> each platform.  The snapshots page [2] is way too long too -- why do we
> need all these?
>
> Unless there are any objections I'll go and delete the old ones.

I realize that it is only 24hrs over a weekend since the call for
objections, but I believe we need to be good ASF citizens, so I'm going
to go ahead and delete a number of old snapshots to free up space on
people.apache.org.

I don't have rights to delete a number of them, so hopefully Stepan and
Alexey can help me to trim down the retained builds.

I looked at Mikhail's snapshot download page, and it will regenerate to
reflect the missing snapshots next time the script runs.  BTW it would
be good if we had these scripts and templates checked into SVN and part
of the site code rather than in home directories.

Regards,
Tim