harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] x86-64 builds (was: Re: [general] M3 - code frozen)
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 07:50:21 GMT
Rana Dasgupta wrote:
> If we were to add
> x86-64 to M3, it would be under disclaimer only( it's a late decision,
> and it looks relatively good ), we can't claim that that it has the
> stability of the 32 bit distributions.

Our milestones are taken to be stable builds of our current
functionality; if the stability has not yet been achieved then I think
it is fine to keep publishing x86-64 as "snapshot" builds.  Making that
platform a 'milestone build with disclaimers' just makes the meaning of
milestones confusing IMHO.

If we are close to achieving x86-64 stability then having a short cycle
to include it in an M4 might make sense.

Regards,
Tim