harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Redistributing bouncy castle providers
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:09:49 GMT
Mark Hindess wrote:
> I've added a patch that removes two classes:
>
>    org/bouncycastle/asn1/misc/IDEACBCPar.class

Don't know what this asn1 class is, but I don't think we need to delete it.

>    org/bouncycastle/crypto/engines/IDEAEngine.class

This is the key one to delete. See [1] and the patent reference here [2].

> to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4810 in order to
> facilitate testing.  (Obviously, the signature files are also removed.)
>
> Tim, do we know if this is sufficient?

In terms of fulfilling the avoidance of patented algorithm then, yes I
think it is sufficient.  Then there may be references to the class that
need fixing elsewhere too.

> I see lots of x-net failures after applying this patch! ;-(

Something we have to fix for M3 me thinks :-<

[1] http://www.bouncycastle.org/devmailarchive/msg05065.html
[2]
http://www.bouncycastle.org/docs/docs1.4/org/bouncycastle/crypto/engines/IDEAEngine.html

Regards,