harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Dowdall <rdowd...@qnx.com>
Subject [classlib] Shared Memory
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:00:51 GMT
Hello

Please forgive my ignorance, but I am not certain on how the Unix
shmget, shmat, shmdt functions work.  I am trying to port the classlib
to QNX Neutrino, which uses shm_open, shm_ctl and shm_unlink.  In the
shared memory code a control file is created, and then a key is
generated using ftok with the control file name.  Control file data is
then written to the control file.  When you do a shmat is the shared
memory attaching to the file?  Or is it a clean area in memory?  I'm
wondering if I have to generate a new name for my shm_open call, or if I
can just use the control file name.

Thanks,
Rodney