harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] M3 schedule
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:27:53 GMT
Jimmy,Jing Lv wrote:
> 2007/9/13, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> OK, at least nobody suggested that we have longer then 3-month
>> schedule. That means that we should have next milestone no later then
>> September, 30.
>>
>> So I'd like to remind that we are close to the mid of September and
>> propose the following M3 schedule:
>> - Septemer 15: feature freeze - svn trunk is frozen
>> I think this time it makes sense to freeze the trunk instead of
>> branching to avoid doing merges for bugfixes
>
> Hmm, so I have no time to integrate Tritonus/PortAudio (java sound
> implementation) into Harmony this month. (No problem, I can do some
> preparing for that at the period :)

As I said a while ago, there is always going to be somebody who is
inconvenienced by the stability period, but we really do need them for
the good of the overall project, and we all benefit in the long run.

If it is helpful I volunteer to create a short-lived branch of SOUND for
you to send patches into, but it is unlikely to get built and tested in
the project, so you may just want to proceed in your local workspace for
now.

Regards,
Tim