harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [website] Google analytics
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:00:47 GMT
I see that a number of other projects are using Google Analytics to
measure the effectiveness of their website layout (e.g., can people find
the info they need?) and popularity of pages and downloads (e.g., are
the most popular pages prominent?).

The details of how it works are here [1], but in essence it is a piece
of tracking javascript we install in our web pages.

Seeing the results would require a Google account, and I suggest we
limit access to the data to ASF committers, since they are also the only
ones that can see the website logs on the server machine.

WDYT? Would it be useful to our website gurus?

[1] http://www.google.com/analytics/

Regards,
Tim