harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][Sound]Great News! Tritonus and Harmony can now join together!
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:35:08 GMT
Jimmy,Jing Lv wrote:
>     So do we need to write a official letter or let them sign some
> agreement? Or just let them send Harmony a copy of src code with BSD
> license? Sorry I don't know much on such legal issues.

No, they would not be licensing it under an alternative license just for
us, so I would expect to see a change to the licensing on their
distribution site, and we can create a dependency that picks the code up
directly from there under those terms.

>     IMHO, BSD and apache license are both OK for this re-license. And
> the two authors seems don't care about it much. :)

Hmm, ok then we'll take it under the Apache License version 2.0 please,
since that will make the licensing of Harmony as a whole more homogeneous.

Regards,
Tim