harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [eclipse] Eclipse plug-in...
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:34:33 GMT
Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> I've searched around Harmony site and I could not find any mention of
> Harmony plug-in for Eclipse. But it would be nice to see the link to
> it and usage description.

Yep, we also discussed having an Eclipse update site for downloading the
plug-in, but it was deferred as part of a bigger discussion of an
ASF-wide update site.  I think that has stalled though.

> We have "Apache Harmony Development Using Eclipse" page [1] but I
> think we also need "Eclipse development using Harmony" page.
>
> Thoughts? Objections?

Sure.

> Regarding plug-in itself... As far as I remember Eclipse can not find
> Harmony kernel jars without modifying default/harmonyvm.properties
> file.
> Tim, could you please clarify the issue. Can we fix it ourselves our
> we need support from Eclipse?

No, it should find the kernel JARs ok without any tweaks -- do you see
it behaving differently?  We can fix these things ourselves.

Regards,
Tim