harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] DRLVM should accept Java6 classes now
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:02:43 GMT
Yuri Dolgov wrote:
> Hello Gregory,
>
> I'm not sure what is the reason to support classes with version 50 if don't
> support
> Java 6 features? Maybe it worth to make this changes in separate Java 6
> branch to
> prevent confisions?

Looking at the Sun's list of enhancements for Java6 [1] I found non
features specific to VM except for a small change in reflection API [2].
So it seems to me that VM in Java5 and Java6 can be the same.

[1] http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/features.html
[2]
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/reflection/enhancements.html

--