harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][test] Bring ApacheDS into harmony test framework
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 06:40:58 GMT

Stepan Mishura wrote:
> On 9/5/07, Regis <xu.regis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm working on jndi ldap service provider now, a embedded ldap server is
>> required for testing. So i purpose to bring
>> ApacheDS(http://directory.apache.org/) to our dependency, which is an
>> embeddable directory server entirely written in Java, and has been
>> certified LDAPv3 compatible by the Open Group.
>>

> Hi,
>
> I'm afraid if we go this way then classlibrary testing will be complicated.
> Is it possible to test jndi service provider against lightweight-stub
> server implementation and develop full testing scenario for BTI?
lightweight-stub server is the best way if we could implement it easily.
  First, we need a ldap server which has been proved correct to test
whether our implementation of ldap client is correct, if using stub
server, how do we know the stub server is correct :) ?

Secode, implement server side of the ldap protocol is not easier than
client side, because there are not much overlap between client and
server sides.

Third, ApacheDS can be embedded in Java application easily, we can
configure it by java code, no other configuration files is needed, just
like Jetty and Derby.

And ApacheDS has a sub-projects, Apache Directory Studio, which is an
Ldap client using ri's implementation, we are planning to add its tests
to BTI.