harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Yakushev" <andrey.yakus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] M3 - code frozen
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:02:32 GMT
> Thanks for your report. Waiting for real issues analysis.

Analysis details:

9 failures on Windows:
api.kernel.hooks.AddRmPropertiesHooksTest               timeout
api.kernel.thread.ThreadArrayTest.ThreadArrayTest
OutOfMemoryError - regression
api.kernel.threadgroup.EnumerateTest
OutOfMemoryError - regression
api.net.DatagramTest                                    timeout
api.net.HttpConnectionTest                              configuration problem
api.net.SingleConnectTest                               timeout
api.nio.buffers.ByteBufferallocateTest
IllegalArgumentException - regression
api.serialization.SerializableClassesTest               timeout
vm.gc.WeakRefsTest                                      timeout

13 failed on Linux:

api.kernel.exec.RunExec                                 too many files opened
api.kernel.management.SystemResourceOrientedTest        vm crash - SIGSEGV
api.kernel.thread.ThreadArrayTest.ThreadArrayTest       OutOfMemoryError
api.net.DatagramTest                                    timeout
api.net.HttpConnectionTest                              configuration problem
api.net.SingleConnectTest                               address is not
available – busy socket(?)
api.nio.buffers.ByteBufferallocateTest                  IllegalArgumentException
api.nio.channels.filechannel.FileChannelMapTest         timeout
api.nio.channels.filechannel.MappedByteBufferForceTest  vm crash - SIGSEGV
api.serialization.SerializableClassesTest               timeout
vm.finalization.FinalizeThrowRestoreTest                timeout
vm.gc.WeakRefsTest                                      timeout
vm.stack.StackUnwindTest                                SIGABRT in VM code

So it seems we have 3 regressions on Windows. I will check if we have
all these failures submitted as JIRAs.

Thanks,
Andrey

On 9/25/07, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/25/07, Andrey Yakushev <andrey.yakushev@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I also made some analysis for reliability test suite.
> > I've found that several tests didn't fail but rather were killed by
> > guarding timeout.
> >
> > They are:
> > api.nio.channels.filechannel.FileChannelMapTest
> > api.net.DatagramTest
> > vm.finalization.FinalizeThrowRestoreTest
> > vm.gc.WeakRefsTest
> > api.serialization.SerializableClassesTest
> >
> > I think it is due to slowing down of the test host after repeated
> > tests iteration. I suggest increasing the killing timeout. I've opened
> > HARMONY-4851 for this.
>
> I'm OK with increasing timeout.
>

> > I've run excluded reliability tests several times on Windows and Linux
> > and I don't see the failures in the following excluded tests now:
> >
> > api.kernel.thread.Calculation.CalcTest
> > api.kernel.thread.StackTraceTest.StackTraceTest
> > api.nio.charset.ContainsTest
> > api.text.DecimalFormat_Locales
> > api.zip.ZlibTest
> >
> > I suggest removing them from the exclude list. I've opened
> > HARMONY-4850 for this.
> >

> I'm OK with the exclude list clean up.
>
> > api.net.HttpConnectionTest fails due to unavailability of
> > harmony.apache.org site from the test host network. It works fine if
> > site is accessible.
> >

> Why not to fix the test to be run against local http server (for
> example, jetty)?
>
> > Other failures seem the real reliability issues. These tests fail only
> > after several successful iterations.
> >

> Thanks for your report. Waiting for real issues analysis.
>
> Thanks,
> Stepan.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Andrey

> > > I'll be looking at some of the functional, reliability, and stress tests
> > > failures and seeing if there is anything I can help with.  I'll post to
> > > the list for any areas that I pick up.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Tim

M3)