harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][M3] Classlibrary test suite crashes (Was: Re: [general] M3 - code frozen)
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:18:00 GMT
Stepan, Tim,

I'm currently working on
org.apache.harmony.security.tests.java.security.cert.serialization.CertificateTest
crash on Linux. During last few hours I've successfully removed all
security stuff from it and created simpler reproducer:

Test113.java
---
import java.io.*;

public class Test113 {

    static class A implements Serializable {
        private final byte[] encoding = null;

        protected A() {}

        protected Object writeReplace() {
            return new String(encoding.clone());
        }
    }

    public static void main(String argv[]) throws Exception {
        ObjectOutputStream oos = new ObjectOutputStream(out);
	A a = new A();

        for (int i = 0; i < 2; i++) {
           try {
	       System.out.println("ITERATION " + i);
	       oos.writeObject(a);
	   } catch (NullPointerException e) {
	       System.out.println("NPE catched");
	   }
	}
        System.out.println("PASS");
    }
}
---

It passes on J9 and RI but leads to segmentation fault on DRLVM at my
Debian stable Linux IA32 machine. Tomorrow I'm going to unwrap it
further till I see obvious bug in DRLVM or probably in LUNI natives.
However, if someone else like to join - I open to any kind of help.

I can't reproduce
org.apache.harmony.security.tests.asn1.der.DerUTCTimeEDTest failure on
Windows.

Besides crash of CertificateTest I also see
tests.api.java.net.MulticastSocketTest failure on Linux. It can be a
bogus test indeed. I haven't looked at it yet.

With Best Regards,
Alexei