harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [tools] Custom runtime builder
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:25:58 GMT
That's a good idea, I think the problem is how to sort out the
required classes.
we may have following options,
1, static analysis on src code/binary code, to pick up each *import*,
*forName*, etc.
2, make a classloader to record all the classes it loaded when the
application runs.
3, run as many application tests as we can then get the list of
classes when have been used via --verbose.

Another choice is to make the grain bigger, from class to some
pre-defined functional areas, it should be similar as the current
modularity, users select the functional area they needed then harmony
generates a minimized build for them. But first of all, we may need to
remove the unnecessary dependency in each module.

--
Tony Wu
China Software Development Lab, IBM