harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [site] idea algorithm page
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:49:01 GMT

On 26 September 2007 at 11:56, "Nadya Morozova"
<nad.morozova@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed a new page appear on the website about the IDEA
> algorithm [1].
> Do you think it makes sense to move the page from site/documentation
> to subcomponents/classlib/ or otherwise classify this info? I'm a bit
> out of context on the page, but my suggestion would be to keep the
> root and documentation/ folders as clean as possible and place info on
> specific bits to other parts of the website. What do you think?

I think it is applicable to any Harmony release.  It is there as an
error page for:

> Which is the best place for the IDEA page?

I don't know but whatever we do we need to decide *quickly* because it
must be stable for the upcoming milestone release (and future releases).
Don't move it without updating the IDEAEngine.{java,class} files in
classlib.

> Where on the sitemap should I place it?

It is an error page.  Don't think we should link it to the sitemap.

> Do you think we need to add more context to the current content of the
> page?

Yes.  I just wanted to quickly create a minimal page in time for the
milestone release.

Regards,
 Mark.