harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <sal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [packaging] binary Gentoo/x86 ebuild for M2 snapshot
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 06:37:28 GMT
Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> I can put ebuild file somewhere on the site. We just need to decide
> which section should have the link to it. Probably besides the snapshots
> for M2?

I remembered a better place, wiki. So I created the wiki page with instructions
and attached the ebuild files to it.

    http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/GentooEbuilds

I agree that it would be a good idea to add a 'packaged distributions' link to the site,
and don't forget to link the .deb files produced by Mark.

> Yes, I think so. Is it possible to create a ebuild for JDK as well?

I guess so, using the HDK download for it.

>> 4) Gentoo is not keen to have a version identifier 'M2', so I changed
>> it to '0.02'. It would be nice
>> if our release numbering would be compatible with packaging systems
>> without such changes,
>> to reduce confusion.
>
> It could be harmony-jre-bin-0.0-r2.ebuild probably? We didn't agree on
> any version number yet :)

I think that will be misleading, as M2 is a version related to the Harmony project,
rather than the ebuild version.

> BTW we can also create harmony-jre-bin-9999.ebuild for the current
> latest snapshots [1]. In Gentoo 9999 version is usually used for the
> bleeding edge latest unreleased version.

Thanks for the advice, this looks like a feasible approach for creating ebuilds
for latest snapshots.