harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][auth]Harmony lacks JGSS provider.
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:35:56 GMT
On 8/14/07, Spark Shen <smallsmallorgan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Glad to see that you are also interested in developing JDK6 missing
> features. Would you also record your development plan and related
> information to the wiki once you start, since the JGSS provider may be
> harmony classlib specific feature according to your plan.

   JGSS is not a new feature of JDK6, but introduced since JDK1.4.
   Furthermore, I am not sure whether we shall implement it ourselves since
there might exist an open source candidate which is also compatible with
harmony's license somewhere. Maybe it is a little earlier to make the
plan.:)

Recently, I looked into jndi related feature. And found that RI provides two
> more jndi service providers than us - Ldap & Corba. These service
> providers
> are clients used to interact with ldap or corba servers.
> IIRC, Apache Yoko already provides corba features and its' binary has
> already been included in our build. If luck, we may utilize yoko to
> facilitate corba provider implementation.

   +1.

As far as ldap is concerned, apache also has an apache ldap server. May be
> it can provide some help. At least we can use it in our test suite.

   Those projects, as well as harmony, consist an ecosystem.:)

Any thoughts, opinions?