harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][auth]Harmony lacks JGSS provider.
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 05:44:22 GMT
Hi, all
    Since Java 1.4.2, RI introduced the package of org.ietf.jgss which
provides a framework to allows application developers to make use of
security services like authentication, data integrity and data
confidentiality from a variety of underlying security mechanisms like
Kerberos, using a unified API. And RI also provides an default provider,
sun.security.jgss.SunProvider, which contains the implementation for such
interfaces as org.ietf.jgss.GSSManager, org.ietf.jgss.GSSName, org.ietf.jgss
.GSSContext and etc.
    Current Harmony's classlib actually implemented the framework in
org.ietf.jgss package, while lacks an implementation for JGSS provider. And
the property to denote the provider, "jgss.spi.manager", in harmony's
java.security file is still a blank.
    Is it possible to get support from other open source project? From the
website of bouncycastle, there is no related feature of  jgss if I have not
missed something.
    Or else maybe we have to implement it ourselves?

Good luck!
--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM