harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Strigun" <vstri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest] netbeans scenario test with autoit v3
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:13:54 GMT
Hi Sean,

On 8/13/07, Sean Qiu <sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying using Autoit v3 to write a scenario test for netbeans as we have
> done for eclipse.

Why you try using Autoit for testing Netbeans? Is there any strong
reason for that? AFAIK, netbeans project have special module for UI
tests development : Jemmy [1]

> We can get eclipse component's name with the tool "AutoIt Window Info".
> Then send signal to it to control its behavior by their name.
>
> But i am encountered with a problem for netbeans: Autoit cannot get netbeans
> control's info by its tool "AutoIt Window Info".
> (I guess it is because netbeans is developed by swing)
> So i have to control the scenario according to its component's absolute
> location rather than its name.

Right, Netbeans is developed by swing, so IMO the most elegant way is
jemmy usage. There are a set of operators for each swing type, and if
I remember correctly from my previous experience, window searching is
very effective and fast.

> This solution works, but it is bug-prone.
> End-user must comly with the exact idnetical configuration (like same
> resolution of monitor)
> and carry out no other operations during the test.
>
> Are there any more elegant solutions to address this issue? Or any comments,
> suggestions?

Unfortunately, jemmy is under SPL license, so possibly we can't use it.

Thanks.
Vladimir.

[1] http://jemmy.netbeans.org/