harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pronichkin Dmitry" <dpr.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit][opt] (HARMONY-3584) arraycopy folding implementation in guarded manner
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:05:17 GMT
Hello,

I'm from SpB ;) and I'm waiting for Mikhail to appear in Communicator to
talk about this.
The fact of the matter is that I tried to replace Intrinsic calls with
JitHelper calls because at the moment Intrinsics are used only to arraycopy
generation. These two "tau" parameters are actually not used (they used only
for CharArrayCopy version which is not exist now), and the whole process of
arraycopy generation, as it seems to me, is rather easy to create some
distinct entities for it. So I made changes in code to eliminate Intrinsics
(however there are some places which require particular consideration of
Intrinsics, for example, escape analysis), but frequent crashes of vm
appeared.

Of course I can make opinion only by reading the code so maybe there are
some internal problems which were left unnoticed by me. I hope that the
explaining of "tau"s and some internal features will help me to solve the
problem.

Thank you,
Dmitry Pronichkin.